News and Events
COVID-19 VACCINATIONApril 23, 2021 - April 30, 2021 Time: TBA
Healthcare workers, anyone 70 years and older, and state/local government employees and contractors who perform COVID-19 vaccinations and testing in SC* can make appointments to get a vaccine.
*See the complete listing for who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine
Find vaccine provider locations by:
- Using gov/vaxlocator to see locations accepting appointments for COVID-19 vaccine. Pick a location and call the phone number listed to make an appointment. The map itself is not a way to schedule an appointment.
- Calling DHEC’s Care Line at 1-855-472-3432 for help finding contact information you need to make an appointment. The Care Line can’t schedule an appointment but can give you phone numbers for locations you can call to make an appointment.
Phase 1a and 70+ (Currently Ongoing - February 2021)
Visit COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments to learn how to make a vaccine appointment.
Individuals making appointments may need to present credentials to verify they qualify to receive vaccination under Phase 1a. This includes providing some proof (e.g., badge, card, license, personalized letter from employer, picture of license) of Phase 1a qualification when presenting for the vaccination.
Phase 1a mission-critical workers and individuals include:
- 70+ year olds, regardless of health status or preexisting conditions
- Anesthesiology assistants, registered cardiovascular invasive specialists, and operating room staff
- Athletic Trainers
- American Sign Language (ASL) and other interpreters in healthcare facilities
- Autopsy room staff, coroners, embalmers, and funeral home staff at risk of exposure to bodily fluids
- Dentists and dental hygienists and technicians
- Dietary and food services staff in healthcare facilities
- Environmental services staff in healthcare facilities
- Harbor pilots
- Home health and hospice workers
- Hospital transport personnel
- Hospital inpatients 65 and older
- Laboratory personnel and phlebotomists
- Licensed dietitians
- Long-Term Care Facility (LTCF) residents and staff
- Medical assistants
- Medical first responders (paid and volunteer): EMS; fire department and law enforcement personnel who provide emergency medical care
- Nurses, nurse practitioners, and nurse’s aides/ assistants
- Opticians and optometrists and assistants/ technicians
- Parents who are home caregivers of a child who is medically fragile or complex or severely disabled. (Requires a medical provider’s signed attestation to confirm parent meets criteria.)
- Persons providing medical care in correctional facilities and correctional officers
- Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Physical and occupational therapists and assistants
- Physicians, including medical house staff (i.e., interns, residents, fellows), and physician assistants
- Public health healthcare workers who are frequently interacting with persons with potential COVID-19 infection
- Radiology technicians
- Respiratory care practitioners, such as respiratory therapists
- Speech language pathologists and assistants and audiologists
- State/local government employees and their contractors who are mission-critical for maintaining operations of COVID-19 vaccinations and testing in SC
- Students and interns of the above categories